My client is an online financial intelligence service that provides market-moving news and research on event driven special situations in the emerging markets. They are looking for an Managing Analyst to lead their Asia credit research team in Singapore covering distressed debt and other corporate event driven opportunities.
You will be joining a motivated team of free thinkers and as a manager you will need to be personable and dynamic, encouraging “out of the box” thinking and the ability to discuss and appreciate different points of view to avoid the blind spots presented by group think. This has been key to their success and is the spirit of the service they provide.
You must be obsessed by the idiosyncrasies in the emerging markets and possess the “institutional knowledge” required for the job, keenly aware of the importance families and political relationships play in the outcome of a situation. In too many cases, the numbers either tell part of the tale or hide the true story.
Your analytical and communication skills must be top notch, as they will be relying on you to guide their research team, actively participating in product development and meeting with their sophisticated subscriber base at the leading investment banks and hedge funds in Asia.
All of their managers lead from the front, and the successful candidate will be expected to pitch in, working closely to support their legal analysts and editorial team on breaking coverage of event driven special situations, writing research reports for publication on their service.
The successful candidate must have at least five to seven years’ experience covering distressed debt and special situations either at an investment bank, the buyside or at a financial advisory firm.
My client is a strong proponent of gender and racial diversity, and an equal opportunities employer.
- Conduct fundamental financial analysis and value debt and equity securities
- Research and data mining experience to help us build out our information gathering processes
- Exceptional fundamental credit analysis and financial modelling skills
- Knowledge of regional restructuring regimes
- Experience evaluating distressed and other special situations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A go-getter with the proven ability to lead, fomenting teamwork and cooperation
- The ability to manage workflow under strict deadlines